Special Notice in Regard to the JAAS 2021 Annual Conference
We inform you that the JAAS Executive Board and Program Committee decided that our 55th Annual Conference on June 5-6, 2021, is to be held ONLINE. We appreciate the JAAS members and partners at Keio University, and apologize for inconveniences this decision may cause to those of you who had planned to attend the 2021 Conference. Details regarding the online conference will be provided on the JAAS official website and through the association mailing list.
Chair, Program Committee, JAAS
Call for Paper Proposals: The 55th JAAS Annual Meeting
The 55th Annual Conference of the Japanese Association for American Studies,
(Keio University, Tokyo, Japan)
The 55th JAAS Annual Meeting will be held on June 5th and 6th, 2021 at Keio University, Tokyo. The JAAS Annual Meeting Program Coordinating Committee invites JAAS members to send paper proposals for the "Independent Paper Sessions" to be held on June 5th, 2020. If you are interested in giving a paper, please send by email a proposal that includes (1) your name, (2) your affiliation, (3) the title of your paper, (4) a summary of your paper (approximately 800 words) and (5) five keywords to the JAAS Annual Meeting Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 20th, 2020 (Japanese Standard Time, JST).
The 55th Conference may be held online, if the of COVID-19 pandemic is not sufficiently resolved. Please check JAAS official website for the latest information.
[Proposals from Japan] Only JAAS members can submit a paper proposal. Proposals from non-members will be reviewed if their membership application is received by November 20th, 2019 and the membership is approved in the Board of Executive Directors meeting. Upon approval, you should compete your membership payment.
[Proposal from outside Japan]Non-members can submit a proposal. When the paper is accepted, you should register before March 1st, 2021 (JST) to ensure your presentation. Registration fee is 8,000 JPN. Please note that registration fee is non-refundable.
You can present a paper in the "Independent Paper Sessions" two years in a row, but not three years. A previously published paper will not be accepted.
If your proposal is accepted, you will be asked to submit your full paper (approximately 5,000 to 7,500 words) to the JAAS Annual Meeting Program Coordinating Committee by May 15th, 2021. The paper will be posted at the JAAS Internet site for two weeks before and after the Annual Meeting; it will be protected by a password that will be given to JAAS members only.
The JAAS Annual Meeting Program Coordinating Committee
Past Annual Meetings
- 53rd Annual Meeting, June 1-2, 2019, at Hosei University
- 52nd Annual Meeting, June 2-3, 2018, at the University of Kitakyushu
- 51st Annual Meeting, June 3-4, 2017, at Waseda University
- 50th Annual Meeting, June 4-5, 2016, at Tokyo Women's Christian University
- 49th Annual Meeting, June 6-7, 2015, at International Christian University
- 48th Annual Meeting, June 7-8, 2014, at Okinawa Convention Center
- 47th Annual Meeting, June 1-2, 2013, at Tokyo University of Foreign Studies
- 46th Annual Meeting, June 2-3, 2012, at Nagoya University
- 45th Annual Meeting, June 4-5, 2011, at the University of Tokyo, Komaba
- 44th Annual Meeting, June 5-6, 2010, at Osaka University
- 43rd Annual Meeting, June 6-7, 2009, at Tsuda College
- 42nd Annual Meeting, May 31-June 1, 2008, at Doshisha University
- 41st Annual Meeting, June 9-10, 2007, at Rikkyo University
- 40th Annual Meeting, June 10-11, 2006 (International Symposium, June 9, 2006) at Nanzan University
- 39th Annual Meeting, June 4-5, 2005, at Kyoto University
- 38th Annual Meeting, June 5-6, 2004, at Japan Women's University
- 37th Annual Meeting, May 31-June 1, 2003, at Kobe University
- 36th Annual Meeting, June 1-2, 2002, at Meiji University
- 35th Annual Meeting, June 2-3, 2001, at Aichi Prefectural University
- 34th Annual Meeting, June 3-4, 2000, at Tezukayama University
- 33rd Annual Meeting, June 5-6, 1999, at Taisho University